Your Treatment Sessions
Therapy is a partnership built on mutual trust and respect and I look forward to helping you to achieve your goals. I have insurance and am a member of a professional body and I therefore subscribe to their code of practice.
My commitment to you
- My fees are £75 per 1 hour session which is payable at the time of treatment.
- I will act with integrity, openness, honesty and professionalism in everything I do.
- I am normally contactable by telephone 9am to 5pm each day or you may leave a voicemail message. I will endeavour to return your call within 24 hours.
- I will not make decisions for you. However, I will offer suggestions if requested.
- Your records are strictly confidential unless you have given me permission to speak to others, I am required to disclose information by law, or I believe you are a risk to yourself or others.
- I will retain your records and shred them after a 7 year period or sooner at my discretion.
- I will be open to your feedback about how I can improve my service.
- Complaints should be raised with me in the first instance. If a successful resolution is not reached you may access my professional body’s complaints procedure
Your commitment to me
- You need to be open, frank and honest with me at all times.
- You will let me know immediately of any concerns you have about our work together.
- Attendance of appointments is essential. You must show commitment to your appointments, value and prioritise them. I have set this time aside for you.
- Please provide 48 hours notice by telephone if you cannot attend your appointment. If you do not cancel within 48 hours I reserve the right to charge for the appointment at my standard rate.
- You understand that appointments may end at the agreed time even if you arrive late for your session.
- You understand that the achievement of positive outcomes will require input from you, both within and between our appointments.
- You are free to leave therapy during a session.
- The ideal time for bringing a course of therapy to a conclusion is normally agreed between client and therapist. However, you are free to leave a course of therapy, with ample notice as described above, at any time.
How to benefit most from therapy
- Personal change can be swift or slow dependent on many factors, including personal motivation, the severity and complexity of the problem, how ambitious your goals are, etc. Please be patient!
- Speak openly about your ideas of what will help.
- Understand that change often requires practice and perseverance.
- Be aware that no therapist can offer a guarantee of a cure or improvement.